Reporting Abuse and Neglect

Abuse Events - Know Them and Report Them

"Someone touched me in an uncomfortable way."

"Someone is taking all of my money."

"I am being hit."

"I feel bad after being around the landlord/staff."

If a fellow resident is touching you in an uncomfortable way, stealing from you, or physically harming you, and you feel that you can trust your boarding home operator, you should report this to him or her.

If the landlord or staff members are committing any abusive or neglectful acts, you should contact a family member and/or case manager and/or one of the emergency contact numbers provided below for your area.

Adult Protective Services
: For adults and elderly who are abused or neglected (including self-neglect) who cannot assist themselves because of mental or physical disabilities: 
888-APS-TENN (888-277-8366)

National Certified Crisis Hotline: 800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433)

Disability Law & Advocacy Center of Tennessee:
1-888-852-2852 (TTY)

TennCare Advocacy Program Line: 800-758-1638

Domestic Violence and Parenting Support Hotline: 800-356-6767

Abuse & Incest National Network: 800-656-HOPE

Tennessee Coalition Against Domestic And Sexual Violence

Women's/Men's Resource & Rape Assistance Program: 
Toll Free: 800-273-8712

Sexual Assault Center: 615-259-9055

Adult Protective Services: 423-634-6624

Services for the Elderly and Disabled Victims of Crime and Abuse: 423-755-2870 (Hamilton County Only)

Family Violence Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Hotline: 423-755-2700

Avalon Center Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program: 800-641-3434 (Cumberland, Morgan, Van Buren, Bledsoe, and Fentress Counties)

Families In Crisis, Inc.: 931-473-6543; 931-473-6221; 800-675-0766 (Warren and Sequatchie Counties)

Genesis House, Inc.: 800-707-5197 (Putnam and surrounding counties)

Family Resource Agency: 423-476-3886 (Bradley and Polk counties)